Feudal Grand Strategy game Great Houses of Calderia will be launching into Early Access during Steam Strategy Fest on August 30th. After a successful Founders Beta launch, Resistance Games and Firesquid are excited to welcome even more players to the mythical province of Calderia.
Take charge of a noble family with its eyes set on ruling all of Calderia, and define the traditions of your house over time in order to craft a lasting dynasty. Form diplomatic relations and secure powerful alliances with neighboring houses through trade, war, or even marriage. Maintain order in Calderia by strategically appointing key members of the family in roles across trade, espionage, and military. Designate roles wisely, as members of the family hold their own destiny. Their actions, good or bad, can fracture even the strongest alliances.
Strategic maneuvers and influential power plays will carve the path toward securing your dominance. Manage and expand your own fiefdom and its population, and cultivate a rich tapestry of traditions unique to your house. Your rule will influence the fate of Calderia in the end times, so attaining Honorary Ranks is critical. Elevate your nobility status while damaging others in order to ink your dynasty in the history books.
Forge your family legacy and seize control of Calderia!
Great Houses of Calderia launches into Steam Early Access on August 30th. Early Access marks the beginning of your dynasty, as Firesquid and Resistance Games will be updating Great Houses of Calderia with new traditions, updated modding tools, portrait customization options, and more. Those eager to claim their birthright can wishlist Great Houses of Calderia on Steam and join the official Discord server to discuss strategies with other houses and the developers.
- War and conflict system: Wage war through the real-time tactical battle system.
- Social conflict resolution: Manage social conflicts through the unique resource management system.
- Trading delegations and negotiations: Organize trade agreements and send delegations to your competing houses.
- House traditions: Define the traditions of your family over generations and gain unique advantages and weaknesses.
- Fully playable noble House: Appoint your family members to key tasks in your delegations to trade, spy, negotiate and lead your armies. Organize marriages and secure your succession!
- Character-driven: Key characters have their own personality shaped by the events they will face, impacting their willingness and ability to serve you right.
- Evolving story: Hundreds of unique events with important decisions to make. Tackle a wide range of situations, from diplomacy to war to the personal journey of family members.
- Resource and fiefdom management: Assign key characters to oversee production of a fiefdom to specialize your economy to gain a competitive advantage.
- Event modding tool: Create your own unique stories with a standalone modding tool, allowing the community to construct a highly replayable experience.
Firesquid is an indie publisher focused on games that include strategizing and thinking in their broadest sense, from tactics to city-builders or any other game where the brain is the most important muscle. Firesquid aims at developing a catalog of strategy titles that modernize and revisit their genres. Firesquid works closely with developers to help them make the best game they can, and focuses on developing communities around their strategy games.
About Resistance Games
Resistance Games is a PC strategy game studio located in Oulu, Northern Finland. With a team of passionate industry veteran game developers, Resistance Games creates strategy game experiences to stand the test of time. Their first game, Company of Crime, a criminal empire builder featuring tactical turn-based missions, was released in August 2020.
Account Manager, Vicarious PR